The blue snail scale…
This is an early and very rare large-size waterproof steel chronograph from the 1940s – 38.5mm was huge at that time. These early Doxa chronos are very collectible due to the beautiful steel waterproof cases, in this instance made by Spillman who were one of the leading makers of waterproof cases of this era.
The case on this example is strong all round with great definition on the angled lugs. The watch houses a multiscale dial that has an outer telemeter scale and blue so called snail tachymeter scale in the centre. The original painted radium Arabic numerals are present. The radium filled blued steel syring hands are also in original and great condition. The watch also has very unusual inverted chrono pushers.
All in all this is a very good looking watch that will come on a Bulang and Sons strap. The Valjoux 22 movement has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.Specifications:
- Dates to the 1940s
- 38.5mm steel Spillman screwdown waterproof case
- Multi scale dial with radium Arabic numbers
- Blued steel radium-filled syringe hands
- Valjoux 22 movement
- Includes a Bulang and Sons strap
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping
This watch has been certified at Certifiwatch under registration number CF-0102565