We love watches with a story and they rarely get cooler than this, an Omega issued to the Fuerza Aérea Peru, or FAP as collectors refer to it, the Peruvian Air Force !
This Omega is very rare as it is too, as the Ranchero was possibly one of the shortest-run Omega tool watches in the brand’s history. Introduced in 1958, it was only available for two years.
This example is extra special since the dial also features the Seamaster signature, leading Us to call these watches Ranchmasters !
This watch remains in nice condition, with a strong 36mm steel case and clear FAP engravings. The dial is in good condition with a cool patina on the hour markers.
We believe the big arrow hour hand was relumed a long time ago. The “30mm” on the dial refers to the movement family of the time, which was regarded as one of the most accurate and durable.
The watch is accompanied by an Omega archive extract confirming that the watch was delivered to the FAP in 1961 and also a medal that was awarded to the original owner who was a pilot. The watch comes on an Omega steel bracelet 1503/1 with clasp stamped “12” and ref 15 endlinks and it has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
We always love offering cool vintage finds like this to you guys. Please get in touch to discuss it more. We are here to help.
- Omega Ranchero ref 2990
- Dates to 1961
- 36mm steel case
- Case back has FAP engraving
- Rare double-signed Ranchero Seamaster dial
- Omega archive extract confirming delivery to FAP
- Medal from original owner who was a FAP pilot
- Cal 268 manual wind movement
- Movement serial 176xxxxx
- Omega steel bracelet 1503/1 with clasp stamped “12” endlinks 15
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping
This watch has been certified at Certifiwatch under registration number CF-0104056