The first and the greatest of the steel Zeniths…
Today we are excited to be offering an example of arguably the most desirable 16520 – the Porcelain ‘Floating’ Mk1. The watches are known as ‘Zenith Daytonas’ due to the fact that the watches had a modified Zenith movement.
This example features the glossy lacquered white dial with five lines of text, with the COSMOGRAPH line ‘floating’ from the rest of the text. A ‘Floating’ R-Serial steel 16520 is a special watch but the much rarer porcelain version takes this watch up to another level. This is a true connoisseur’s watch! King of the Zenith Daytona's.
The dial is in stunning original condition. Read our article
about the Porcelain Floating 16520 here.
The watch is fitted with the correct Mk1 ‘200’ bezel in great condition. The case is also in good, healthy condition. Having the correct movement number batch is also very important with these watches and this example has a movement number 13xxx which is correct. The original solid link Oyster bracelet, ref 78360, is in good condition with a clasp stamped ‘M 6’ and 503 endlinks. Inner and outer boxes, USA papers and Cosmograph booklet will accompany this Daytona and the modified Zenith movement has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.Specifications:
- Reference 16520
- 40mm steel case
- R983xxxx dating to 1988
- Calibre 4030 movement no. 13xxx
- Rare and desirable Porcelain Floating dial
- Rare original ‘200’ bezel
- Oyster bracelet reference 78360 with 503 endlinks
- Inner and outer boxes, USA papers and Cosmograph booklet
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping