The Red Sub is an important piece for vintage Rolex fans, seen as a key piece in a serious collection.
However important these watches are deemed, we simply love them for that red line and cool-tool vibe that they exude!
This example has a Mk4 dial, with crisp red-over-white text and a nice yellow tone on the hour plots. The hands are a shade lighter.
The fat font bezel insert has faded to a wonderful dark matte grey – this is a lovely watch!
The case is strong with even lugs and the bezel insert has faded to a deep blue hue. The folded link Oyster bracelet, ref 9315, is in excellent condition and has reference 280 endlinks. The clasp is a rare and desirable error printed “PATETED”, where patented has been mis-spelt. The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
This month we have some incredible vintage Submariners here at Bulang and Sons so please get in touch to arrange a visit or for a call. We’re here to guide all you watch lovers!
- Reference 1680
- 40mm steel case
- Serial 26xxxxx dating to 1971
- Mk4 matte Red Submariner dial
- Faded to dark grey fat font bezel insert
- Oyster bracelet 9315 with 380 endlinks
- “PATETED” error-print clasp
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping
This watch has been certified at Certifiwatch under registration number CF-0104046