A classic from the integrated era…
The Vacheron Constantin 222 is one of the classic 1970s integrated bracelet sports watches. Called the 222 because it was launched in 1977 on the 222nd anniversary of the brand’s founding and often incorrectly credited as a Genta design, the 222 was designed by Jörg Hysek.
The watches followed the traditional pattern of 1970s horizontal manufacturing, with Stern dial, JLC movement and Gay Freres bracelet. This example is classed as the mid-size model and has an case in stunning condition!
We love how cool the Maltese cross looks, embossed on the five o’clock lug. The silver dial has a gentle vertical brushing and has sigma markings at the bottom, signifying that the hour markers are made from solid 18kt gold. The bracelet is also in beautiful condition and would fit upto an 18cm wrist size. It is estimated that there were only 1000 of these watches made, so be sure to be quick and not miss this stunning example. The Jaeger-LeCoultre movement has been fully serviced by our watchmaker. Specifications
- Vacheron & Constantin 222
- Ref 46003
- 33mm x 42mm steel and gold case
- Serial 554xxx dates to late 1970s
- Vertical brushed sigma dial
- JLC-based movement
- Gay Freres made integrated bracelet
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping
This watch has been certified at Certifiwatch under registration number CF-0101563